Nova Vitae Treatment Center is dedicated to our clients’ confidentiality. We are committed to following all state and federal laws including HIPAA.
Our facility provides a safe, clean, respectful, and supportive environment for our clients. Our rehab programs are structured to preserve and protect clients’ rights, which are outlined in a welcome packet given to all clients upon admission.
Items to Pack
In general, pack as if you were going on a ten day trip. Recommended items include:
- Comfortable, modest, non-revealing clothing appropriate for a co-ed environment. You will have access to a washer and dryer.
- Workout clothes and athletic shoes for the gym
- Personal hygiene items (ingredients must have no alcohol content)
- All currently prescribed medications in prescription bottles and a list of any previous medications
- Insurance card
- California or other state ID
- Cash or gift cards for personal shopping
- Cigarettes if you smoke. Smoking is allowed outside in designated areas only.
Over-the-Counter Medicines Approved and Provided
- Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) 25mg, 1 tab
- Daily multivitamin, 1 tab
- DayQuil, 2 tablets OR 2 TBSP (30mL)
- Docusate Sodium/Colace, 100mg
- Famotidine/Pepcid AC, 20mg
- Gas-X/Simethicone (125mg)
- Hydrocortisone cream 1%
- Ibuprofen 200mg
- Loperamide 25 mg
- Loratadine/Claritin, 10mg
- Magnesium Citrate, 10oz
- Melatonin, 10mg
- Milk of Magnesia
- Naproxen 220 mg
- Triple antibiotic Cream
- Tums 1,000mg
- Tussin Mucus & Chest Congestion
- Tylenol 500mg
- Valerian Root, 450mg
If you are required to take a particular over-the-counter medicine that we do not provide, please have a prescription from your doctor indicating why the medicine is needed and the frequency and dosage required.
Items Not to Pack
- Lap top computers
- Cell phone – OK when traveling, but will be kept in the staff office during your stay
- Expensive jewelry or other valuable items
Clients may have visitors on Saturdays. Visitors are required to participate in family therapy and group meetings.
Upon admission to our facility, clients can call to let loved ones know they have arrived safely. However, we do restrict phone use for the first seven days of treatment.